Launching in Summer 2017, the Essex Young Entrepreneurs Network will provide young entrepreneurs the opportunity to start their own innovative business offering an alternative to the direct employment route and inspiring young individuals who may be underachieving in mainstream education, or are working in non-skilled jobs to use their talents for enterprise.
EYEN is a sign-posting, mentoring, business advice and finance scheme, with several options that can be explored.
1. Grants from £500-£2,000
2. Loans from £200-£2,000
3. Venture capital investment from £2,000-£5,000
Applicants should submit an expression of interest in digital video format as a spoken application form, which will be reviewed by a panel of business experts and peers.
Applicants should be:
• Aged between 16 – 30 years old
• Living in Essex County Council boundaries • Looking to start their own business or be within 6 months of starting their own business
• Have an innovative business idea
• Not have received more than £5,000 in financial support for their business idea past or present
• Have commitment, passion and drive to succeed
Business ideas will be considered that are developing a new product or service that is new to the market, or adapting an existing product or service for a new market..
The project will provide a reference guarantee service for those who are signed up to support.
For more information on the launch of this network and how to apply, please contact EIP@essex.gov.uk.